What is an ultraviolet sterilizer? How to choose the right uv sterilizer for water?
In this article we will tell you in detail about mini uv sterilizer and the subtleties of their choice.
The sterilizing properties of ultraviolet radiation appeared in 1887. And people started using it in water disinfection processes from the first half of the 20th century. Nowadays, ultraviolet is used to disinfect drinking water, pool water, surfaces, air, etc.
What is a mini uv sterilizer water for?
Generally, bacteria can contaminate any source of water with bacteria. They can enter a well or shallow borehole, such as from a crack in your septic tank or from your neighbor's leaky sinkhole. Microorganisms reproduce very well in surface sources such as rivers, reservoirs, etc.
Most of these organisms are a direct threat to human health. When ingested, they lead to a large number of undesirable consequences. The ultraviolet sterilizer guarantees and effectively disinfects water. Moreover, it makes it suitable for drinking and other household / household purposes.
What is UV and how does it work?
Ultraviolet rays vary in wavelength. Some rays are beneficial for the body; they contribute to the production of vitamin D3 in the human body. In mini uv sterilizer, a special lamp placed in a quartz casing emits light with a wavelength of 254 nanometers.
Light interacts with the DNA of microorganisms and destroys its structure. As we know from the school biology course: information about the structure of a cell is encrypted in DNA so that this cell can multiply. Ultraviolet light does not kill bacteria, but deprives them of their ability to multiply and thereby harm the human body.
mini uv sterilizer t water consists of:
- Shells (or so-called reaction chamber)
- Quartz tube placed inside the chamber
- Most ultraviolet lamp (emitting element)
- Power supply
Some sterilizers may contain additional auxiliary parts, for example:
- Intensity sensor to determine the efficiency of the device
- A relief valve that prevents water heated from the lamp from entering the line
- Flow sensor, etc.
Water enters the sterilizer chamber through one of its ports. Then the flow of water moves through a quartz tube into which a lamp is inserted. High-performance models of sterilizers can contain from two to several hundred emitters inside one reaction chamber. Moreover, it depends on the required performance, as well as on the source water. At the end of the process, treated water exits through another port of the sterilizer.
Ultraviolet light destroys pathogens of the following diseases:
- Typhoid and cholera
- Cysts of Giardia lamblia and Cryptosporidium and others.
The use of ultraviolet radiation in water treatment:
- In a water supply system where a carbon, polypropylene or any other cartridge, backfill filter or softener intalls. The filter filling or the surface of the cartridge is a favorable environment for the growth and reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms.
- In water supply systems using reverse osmosis installations. Such systems usually involve the use of a storage tank, and there is some possibility of water contamination. In this case, the mini uv sterilizer acts as a safety net.
- The water comes from a well or various surface sources.
- Aeration comes in the water treatment system. Abundant oxygen saturation of water significantly accelerates the growth of microorganisms.
- Hydrogen sulfide or ammonia is present in the feed water.
How to choose a water mini uv sterilizer?
The choice of a particular sterilizer model depends primarily on its performance. This indicator calculates on the basis of the radiation dose that water receives when passing through the sterilizer.
The reference dose is 40 mJ / cm². Leading brands claim the performance of their appliances based on this value. In practice, a dose of 30 mJ / cm² is safe (that is, guaranteed to give a result).
Unfortunately, not all companies consider it necessary to indicate at what radiation dose this or that performance declares.
Most of the Chinese manufacturers claim performance without reference to the dose of radiation, while the leaders in the mini uv sterilizer market claim several performances for the sterilizer. Moreover, it depends on the radiation dose.
For example, in the description of the VIQUA S5Q model, you can see the performance for three doses of radiation. Therefore, when buying a sterilizer, we advise you to first ask: for what dose of radiation is the performance of a particular model determined?
We can measure the performance indicator in m³ / hour. When choosing, be guided by the fact that one crane has a throughput of 300 l / h. That is, if we need a sterilizer for a shower combination (hot / cold water) + a kitchen tap (hot / cold water), a model with a capacity of 1.2 m³ / hour will do.
If the water is under high contamination in the water treatment system, we recommend using a mini uv sterilizer with a capacity margin.
Ultraviolet water mini uv sterilizer
We can use UV sterilizers both as a main cleaner and as an additional one. An ultraviolet sterilizer is a flask with a quartz lamp with sensors inside. The service life of these systems reaches 18 months; the device does not require additional equipment and purchase of auxiliary substances.
The system is unpretentious in operation; in case of malfunction, it will give a signal let’s note the special advantages of the ultraviolet water sterilizer:
- High degree of water disinfection
- Low price of the device
- Wide range of quartz tube lamps
- Anti-corrosion coating
- Safe operation
In our company you can buy an ultraviolet sterilizer of various parameters. For efficiency, we install it immediately before the water supply: this protects against re-contamination of H2O.
The disinfection system neutralizes E. coli, influenza viruses, hepatitis, typhoid and cholera pathogens, salmonella and other pathogens. Ultraviolet water sterilizers are most often used as the final stage of purification.
Is mini uv sterilizer environment friendly?
Mini uv sterilizer gives a very environmentally friendly and effective disinfection method. We use it not only in apartments, but also in hospitals, enterprises, and offices. The favorable price for an ultraviolet sterilizer makes the disinfection system even more in demand.
Water disinfection with ultraviolet devices has some advantages over traditional water disinfection methods:
- Provides instant destruction of bacteria and viruses by 99.9%.
- Does not require the use of reagents.
- There is no need for preparation and storage of chemicals when servicing the unit.
- Compared to chlorination and ozonation, ultraviolet radiation is the most harmless to consumers and the environment.
- Operation of the unit does not require additional equipment and the presence of maintenance personnel.
- In case of lamp damage (failure), the control unit will beep. Therefore, you can always replace a damaged lamp on time.
Since covid 19 is spreading very fast, you need to stay safe from bacteria. For this purpose, it is necessary to buy mini uv sterilizer. Moreover, it is quite affordable but can kill 99% germs.